Car rental Illinois
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in Illinois?
Illinois is a great place for renting a car. Chicago is a fascinating and huge city that can be explored for days, and having your own ride will let you travel to other destinations in Illinois and nearby states.
Top ways to enter Illinois
- Chicago O’Hare Airport: O’Hare is among the busiest airports and connects Chicago to destinations in all parts of Europe.
- Chicago Midway Airport: Located southwest of Central Chicago, Midway Airport has flights to and from destinations all over U.S., as well as in Central America and the Caribbean.
- By land: You can also pick up a rental car at a nearby state and then drive to Illinois. Some large airports near Illinois include St. Louis Airport in Missouri, Detroit Airport in Michigan, and Milwaukee Airport in Wisconsin.
Top cities and places to visit
Chicago: America’s third largest city is rich in culture and atmosphere, so much so that it ends up being the favorite U.S. destination of many international travelers.
Peoria: Both proud and hospitable, Peoria is famous for its regional museum, botanical gardens, and the Wildlife Prairie State Park.
Cahokia Mounds: A World Heritage Site, Cahokia Mounds was was once the center of the Mississippian Culture and still shows traces of the pre-Columbian Native American life.
Shawnee National Forest: Located near the state border with Missouri, Shawnee has unique rock formations and great hiking trails.
Galena: This cozy town on Mississippi experienced its golden age in the 19th Century, and traces of that time can still be seen in its museums and the Old Market House. It makes a great day-trip coming from Chicago.
Most popular rental car
The most often picked rental car in Illinois is the Nissan Rogue, although travelers also like the Toyota Corolla and the Jeep Wrangler a lot.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car types in Illinois are intermediate, fullsize, and special.
Top driving routes
- Chicago - Columbus, Ohio (357 mi / 574 km) The nearby Ohio state’s capital and largest city, Columbus is about five and a half hour drive away from Chicago.
- Chicago - St. Louis, Missouri (296 mi / 476 km) One of the great cities of U.S. Midwest, St. Louis is just a four and a half hour drive away from Chicago, making it a great next travel stop.
- Chicago - Toronto (521 mi / 838 km) Canada’s largest city can be reached in about eight hours, but you can split the route into two or three days if you decide to also visit Detroit that’ll be on the way. Note that if you’re coming from Chicago to Toronto, you’ll have to cross a national border, so check with your car rental provider first to make sure they allow it.
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Illinois:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Illinois is the cheapest in December when renting a car is about 16% cheaper than the yearly average.
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Illinois?
What’s the average rental length in Illinois?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Illinois?
Top 7 Most Popular Cities in Illinois
Top 8 Most Popular Locations in Illinois
Top 2 Best Illinois Suppliers in 2019
The benefits of signing up
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding car rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 8.9 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email — in 12 languages