Car rental Florida
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in Florida?
Florida is a great place for renting a car. From large cities to theme parks, stunning beaches, and nature areas, it is best discovered with the freedom of your own ride.
Top ways to enter Florida
- Orlando Airport: The busiest airport in Florida, it is a focus city for many leading U.S. airlines.
- Miami Airport: Less than 10 mi (16 km) from downtown Miami, this airport serves countless destinations both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Fort Lauderdale Airport: Also known as Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood, this airport is served by a number of major airlines.
- By land: You can also pick up a car in another state and then drive to Florida. Major airports in nearby states include Atlanta Airport in Georgia, Charlotte Airport in New Carolina, and New Orleans Airport in Louisiana.
Top cities and places to visit
- Miami: Florida’s largest city is one of the most famous beach and party destinations in the U.S., although there is something for every traveler.
- Orlando: Home to Walt Disney World, Orlando is the world capital of theme parks and a famous family travel destination.
- Florida Keys: A stunning tropical archipelago of nearly 2,000 islands, Florida Keys is more relaxed than some of Florida’s mainland beach destinations.
- Everglades National Park: This national park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to countless wildlife species. If you get lucky, you can even see some of them on one of the many tours you can take.
- Fort Lauderdale: Sometimes called the Venice of America thanks to its countless canals, Fort Lauderdale is another great beach destination.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental cars in Florida are the Nissan Versa, the Nissan Altima, and the Hyundai Altima.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in Florida is an economy, followed by compact and fullsize.
Top driving routes
- Miami - Fort Lauderdale (31 mi / 50 km) The two beach cities are basically part of the same neighborhood, and you can easily travel between them in about 35 minutes.
- Orlando - Miami (244 mi / 393 km) The travel between these two cities is just around three hours, but you’ll pass near the Everglades National Park and the Lake Okeechobee on the way.
- Miami - Tampa (282 mi / 454 km) The distance between Miami and Tampa can be done in four hours, but it will be tempting to take a relaxing break in West Florida beach cities like Fort Myers and Sarasota.
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Florida:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Florida is the cheapest in August when renting a car is about 35% cheaper than the yearly average and 45% cheaper than renting a car in July.
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Florida?
What’s the average rental length in Florida?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Florida?
Top 20 Most Popular Cities in Florida
Top 20 Most Popular Locations in Florida
Top 14 Best Florida Suppliers in 2019
The benefits of signing up
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding car rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 8.9 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email — in 12 languages