Car rental California
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in California?
California is a great place for renting a car. Having your own ride will let you see everything from world-famous cities and beaches to mountains and deserts. A rental car is also the best way to travel further to places like Las Vegas, Oregon, Arizona, or Mexico.
Top ways to enter California
- Los Angeles Airport: Busiest in California, second busiest in U.S., and TOP 5 in the world, LAX almost feels like a travel destination in its own right.
- San Diego Airport: Despite only having one runway, San Diego Airport manages to serve more than 20 million passengers annually.
- San Francisco Airport: The busiest airport in North California, it serves not only San Francisco, but the larger Bay Area.
- By land: It is also possible to pick up a car in a neighboring state and then drive to California. Some large airports near California are Las Vegas Airport in Nevada, Phoenix Airport in Arizona, and Portland Airport in Oregon.
Top cities and places to visit
- Los Angeles: One of the most famous cities of the world is home to Hollywood, Venice, Bevery Hills, and countless other destinations.
- San Francisco: Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, and neighborhoods like the Marina are just some of the places you simply have to visit if you travel to San Francisco.
- San Diego: Located on the Pacific Ocean and bordering Mexico, San Diego mixes fantastic beaches and year-round great weather with museums and wildlife protection areas.
- Sierra Nevada: This mountainous region is not only a winter sport mecca, but also home to Yosemite National Park and Lake Tahoe.
- North Coast: Just north of San Francisco, this area with its coastal redwood forests, rugged coastline, and world’s tallest trees is the perfect place to relax.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in California is the Nissan Versa, closely followed by the Hyundai Accent and the Hyundai Elantra.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in California is an economy, followed by intermediate and compact.
Top driving routes
- Los Angeles - Las Vegas (270 mi / 434 km) The Sin City is just about four hours drive east of L.A., although if you’re not in a rush, the Mojave National Preserve that will be on your way is fascinating to explore.
- San Francisco - Los Angeles (382 mi / 615 km) Interstate 5 is the highway connecting California’s two most famous cities, but you can also choose a slightly longer route along the coast that will let you visit places like San Luis Obispo and Monterey on the way.
- San Diego - Los Angeles (120 mi / 193 km) Right on the border with Mexico, San Diego is just two and a half hour drive away from Los Angeles, with the route’s southern portion going right along the Pacific.
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in California:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting California is the cheapest in March when renting a car is about 21% cheaper than the yearly average and about 37% cheaper than renting a car in July.
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in California?
What’s the average rental length in California?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in California?
Top 18 Most Popular Cities in California
Top 20 Most Popular Locations in California
Top 10 Best California Suppliers in 2019
The benefits of signing up
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding car rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 8.9 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email — in 12 languages