Car rental Glasgow Airport (GLA)
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Airport Car Rental
Rent a car at Glasgow Airport and head into the city! Check out museums like the Glasgow Science Center, the Police Museum, St. Mungo’s Museum of Religious Life and Art, the Riverside Museum, which has a collection of land vehicles and marine vessels, and the Hunterian Museum, which features exhibits of scientific instruments, coins and medals from Scotland’s Roman times, and even dinosaur fossils found in the area.
Get a feel for the city’s varied architecture by visiting Glasgow Cathedral, the City Chambers, Clyde Auditorium, and the Willow Tea Rooms. For a day outdoors, the Botanic Gardens, Kelvingrove Park, and Glasgow Park are all wonderful choices. And make sure to drive your rental to Fossil Grove, a truly special place located in Victoria Park—here you’ll see the last of a forest that’s more than 300 million years old. Top off your day with a true Scottish meal of Scotch pie or haggis with tatties and neeps (you can even find a vegan version).
Glasgow’s a great destination, but there’s so much more to explore! With a longer term rental car deal you can visit nearby Edinburgh, see the Scottish countryside and head all the way to the Highlands, or drive to nearby northern England. You can even pick up your rental car at Glasgow Airport and drop it off in a different city. Start planning your adventure today!
Glasgow Airport is also known as Abbotsinch Airport and Port-adhair Eadar-nàiseanta Ghlaschu.
Top international routes
Top car rental companies
Car rental desks
Services and Facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Edinburgh (88 km / 55 mi)
- Prestwick (61 km / 38 mi)
- Manchester (352 km / 219 mi)
- Dublin (404 km / 251 mi)
- London Ashford International Railway Station (764 km / 475 mi)
- Cardiff (639 km / 397 mi)
- Middlesbrough (304 km / 189 mi)
- Leicester (505 km / 314 mi)
- Tunbridge Wells (713 km / 443 mi)
- Wellingborough (568 km / 353 mi)
Glasgow Airport (GLA)
- IATA: GLA
- ICAO: EGPF
- Airport name: Glasgow Airport (GLA)
- Airport type: Public / Civil
- Airport Size: Large Airport
- Elevation AMSL: 8 m / 26 ft
- Runway Surface: Asphalt / Grooved
- Aircraft movements (per year): 98,217
- Passengers (per year): 9,327,193
- Distance from City: 6.8 miles / 11 km W of town
- Airport Hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +44 (0)870 040 0008
When are car rental prices cheapest at Glasgow Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Glasgow Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Glasgow Airport?
Top 20 Locations near Glasgow Airport
Top 6 Best Glasgow Airport Suppliers in 2019
The benefits of signing up
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding car rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 8.8 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email — in 12 languages