Car rental United Kingdom
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in United Kingdom?
United Kingdom is a great country for renting a car. Its unique and distinct cities and regions can be explored for weeks, as can its green nature and northern mountains. Despite this diversity, the driving distances are generally short and the road network is in great shape.
Top ways to enter United Kingdom
- London Heathrow Airport: United Kingdom’s busiest airport feels like an independent city in its own right.
- Edinburgh Airport: Located in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh Airport is served by nearly all of Europe’s main airlines.
- London Gatwick Airport: Located in West Sussex County, south of London, Gatwick is London’s second busiest airport.
- Glasgow Airport: The airport serving Scotland’s most populated city hosts flights by more than 20 airlines.
- Belfast International Airport: The largest of the two Belfast airports, Belfast International is also the main airport of Northern Ireland.
Top cities and places to visit
- London: One of the most important cities in Europe and, indeed, the world, London is home to countless landmarks and cultures.
- England: The largest of the four “home countries”, England is home not only to London, but to other famous cities like Manchester, Liverpool, and Bristol, as well as historic and distinct regions.
- Scotland: Wild and remote Scottish Highlands will take your breath away, but do make time to also discover beautiful Edinburgh.
- Wales: Its towns are picturesque and cozy, but the real attraction of Wales is the mountainous Snowdonia region in the north.
- Northern Ireland: Its countryside boasts unmatched hospitality while the capital Belfast is quickly becoming one of Europe’s most interesting city destinations.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in the United Kingdom is the Ford Fiesta, followed by the Fiat 500 and the VW Polo.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in the United Kingdom is a mini. Travelers also tend to pick compact and economy cars a lot.
Top driving routes
- London - Manchester (336 km / 209 mi) Distinct in history and atmosphere, Manchester is just a tad over four hours drive north of London. You’ll pass Birmingham, Britain’s second city, on the way.
- Edinburgh - Glasgow (74 km / 46 mi) The two big cities of Scotland are just an hour’s drive apart. This means it can often be convenient to fly to the airport of one of the them even if your real destination is the other.
- Cardiff - Bristol (71 km / 44 mi) The capital city of Wales is really close to Bristol, one of United Kingdom’s most unique cities in terms of history, culture, and music.
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in United Kingdom:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting United Kingdom is the cheapest in February when renting a car is about 31% cheaper than the yearly average.
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in United Kingdom?
What’s the average rental length in United Kingdom?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in United Kingdom?
Top 20 Most Popular Cities in United Kingdom
Top 20 Most Popular Locations in United Kingdom
Top 9 Best United Kingdom Suppliers in 2019
The benefits of signing up
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding car rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 8.9 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email — in 12 languages