Car rental Canary Islands
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in Canary Islands?
Canary Islands are a great place for renting a car. Unique in landscape and populated by hospital and proud people, whether you choose to go to Tenerife, Gran Canaria, or one of the other islands, you won’t end up disappointed.
Top ways to enter Canary Islands
- Tenerife South Airport: The busiest airport of Tenerife serves more than 10 million passengers yearly.
- Gran Canaria Airport: The airport is near Gran Canaria’s capital Las Palmas, but serves the rest of the island as well.
- Tenerife North Airport: The airport is located near the island’s capital Santa Cruz.
- Lanzarote Airport: Located near Arrecife, Lanzarote’s largest city, the airport serves the whole island.
- Fuerteventura Airport: Also known as El Matorral, this airport may seem small, but serves more than 6 million passengers every year.
Top cities and places to visit
Gran Canaria: The most visited of the islands, Gran Canaria is known for its relaxed atmosphere and for El Teide, the highest mountain in all of Spain.
Tenerife: Travelers especially love Tenerife’s mild and warm southern area, but you can find great beaches throughout the island.
Fuerteventura: Famous as the windsurfing capital of Europe, Fuerteventura has both cozy beach resorts and untamed nature areas.
Lanzarote: The northernmost of Canary Islands has perhaps the most impressive and out-of-this world landscapes of them all.
La Gomera, La Palma, and El Hierro: Although grouped together, these three other Canary Islands are in no way lesser than the four others and each of them has the ability to take your breath away.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in the Canary Islands is the Kia Picanto. Travelers also like the VW Polo and the Renault Clio.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in the Canary Islands is an economy, followed by mini and compact.
Top driving routes
Santa Cruz - Los Cristianos (76 km / 47 mi) The route between Tenerife’s largest city and Los Cristianos can be done in less than one hour. It will take you along the island’s western shore for much of the way.
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in the Canary Islands:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting the Canary Islands is the cheapest in June when renting a car is about 27% cheaper than the yearly average.
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Canary Islands?
What’s the average rental length in Canary Islands?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Canary Islands?
Top 8 Most Popular Cities in Canary Islands
Top 20 Most Popular Locations in Canary Islands
Top 10 Best Canary Islands Suppliers in 2019
The benefits of signing up
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding car rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 8.9 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email — in 12 languages