Car rental Poland
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in Poland?
It is a great idea to get a rental car in Poland. It has a wide variety of attractions, from historic landmarks and medieval cities to impressive mountains and unique nature areas. The roads are in an increasingly better shape, too. Come and explore this up-and-coming European travel destination!
Top ways to enter Poland
- Warsaw Chopin Airport: Poland’s largest international airport serves flights to and from most countries in Europe, as well as destinations in Asia, North America, and Africa
- Krakow Airport: Poland’s second most busy international airport is popular with low-cost carriers like Wizz Air and Ryanair, and is an entry point for Southern Poland.
- Gdansk Airport: Flying to Gdansk is a great way to reach the Tricity Area and the Poland’s Baltic Sea Coast.
- By land: It is also possible to rent a car in a neighboring country and then drive to Poland. Some large cities with international airports near Poland are Berlin in Germany, Prague in Czech Republic, and Vilnius in Lithuania.
Top cities and places to visit
- Warsaw: Almost completely rebuilt after World War II, Poland’s capital city nowadays is modern, busy, and offers countless cultural activities.
- Krakow: Very few cities can rival Krakow in terms of history, classical architecture, and the amount of impressive churches.
- Białowieża: The great national park in the northeast of the country is one of the remaining primeval forests in Europe and home to wildlife like European bison, wolf, moose, lynx, and hundreds of other species.
- The Tatra: The highest part of the Carpathian Mountains, the Tatra range in Southeast Poland is both wild and serene.
- Baltic Coast: More than 500 km long, Poland’s Baltic shore is home to distinct coastal cultures and the beautiful port city of Gdansk.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Poland is the Fiat 500. The Opel Astra and the Ford Fiesta are second and third.
Crossing the border
Poland shares a border with Belarus, Ukraine, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Germany, Russia (the Kaliningrad exclave), and Lithuania. Poland is a member of the Schengen Area, and so are Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Germany, and Poland. If you’ll need a Schengen visa to visit Poland, you’ll also be able to visit these four other countries.
Ukraine, Belarus, and Russia are not members of the Schengen Area. Each of these countries has its own visa policy, so you may or may not need a visa to enter them, depending on your citizenship. If you plan to visit one of these Poland’s neighbors during your rental period, we strongly advise you to get in touch with your Ministry of Foreign Affairs in advance to find out about the visa requirements.
Some car rental providers allow you to cross national borders and even drop off your car in a different country, while others don’t. If you’d like to cross a national border during your rental period, make sure to check the terms and conditions before booking a car. Learn more about cross-border rentals in our FAQ section.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in Poland is an Economy, but Compact and Mini are also popular choices.
Top driving routes
- Krakow - Warsaw (292 km / 181 mi) Poland’s two largest cities are quite different, but you can visit them both on the same day as the road between them can be done in under four hours.
- Gdansk - Szczecin (370 km / 230 mi) The fastest route between the port cities of Gdansk and Szczecin takes you inland, but you can also travel along the Baltic Sea, exploring beaches and coastal villages on the way.
- Wroclaw - Poznan (172 km / 107 mi) The route between these two historic Western Polish cities can be done in just two and a half hours.
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Poland:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Poland is the cheapest in January when renting a car is about 28% cheaper than the yearly average.
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Poland?
What’s the average rental length in Poland?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Poland?
Top 20 Most Popular Cities in Poland
Top 20 Most Popular Locations in Poland
Top 10 Best Poland Suppliers in 2019
The benefits of signing up
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding car rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 8.9 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email — in 12 languages