Car Rental Namibia
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in Namibia?
Namibia is a great country to explore by car. The distances are huge, but the long traveling will be justified as there will always be a unique landscape awaiting you at the end, be it ocean, cliffs, or desert.
Top ways to enter Namibia
- Windhoek Hosea Kutako Airport: Namibia’s main airport has flights to and from domestic and African destinations, as well as European cities like Amsterdam and Frankfurt.
- Walvis Bay Airport: Namibia’s second airport has good connections to Cape Town and Johannesburg in neighboring South Africa.
- Windhoek Eros Airport: The capital city’s other airport is quite small, but hosts flights to and from many interesting domestic destinations.
- By land: If your rental car provider permits it and you have the visa and other necessary entry documentation in order, it might be possible to pick up a car in a neighboring country and then drive to Namibia. Large international airports near Namibia include Cape Town Airport in South Africa and Gaborone Airport in Botswana.
Top cities and places to visit
- Windhoek: The capital of Namibia is a good place to learn about the country’s fascinating history through its art, culture, and architecture.
- Walvis Bay: Located on the Atlantic Coast and also on the edge of the Namib Desert, Walvis Bay is an absolutely unique destination where you can go surfing or dolpin watching one day, then on a desert safari the next.
- Nature Parks: Etosha National Park, Fish River Canyon Park, Waterberg Plateau Park are just some of the nature areas that are scattered throughout the country show Namibia’s amazing wildlife and diversity.
- Kaokoland: This area near the border with Angola might be a challenge to reach, but seeing the desert elephants and lions, mountains, and Epupa Waterfalls are just some of the reasons why the hardship will be more than justified.
- Kalahari Desert: Located on the very east of the country, this desert’s landscape will make you truly feel like you’re on another planet.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Namibia is the Nissan X-Trail 4x4, but travelers also tend to pick the Toyota RAV4 and the Toyota Fortuner.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in Namibia is a fullsize, followed by standard and compact. Large parts of Namibia’s terrain can be challenging, especially the nature areas away from the main highways, so it might be a good idea to choose a powerful vehicle fit for the challenge.
Top driving routes
- Windhoek - Walvis Bay (395 km / 245 mi) The distance between the two main cities of Namibia can be done in just about four hours if you drive the highways B1 and B2. Another option is to travel along highway C28 which will take about an hour longer, but will let you stop at Tsaobis Nature Park and Namib-Naukluft National Park on the way.
- Windhoek - Cape Town (1,479 km / 919 mi) Traveling by car from Windhoek to Cape Town, one of Africa’s most famous cities, takes at least two days, but many travelers still choose to do it as it lets you truly see and experience what Southwest Africa is about. Note that you’ll have to cross a national border, so check with your car rental provider first to make sure they allow it. Also, make sure if the citizens of your country need a visa to enter South Africa.
- Windhoek - Victoria Falls (1,427 km / 887 mi) The long drive will be justified not only in that you’ll get to see the Victoria Falls on Zambezi river at the finish line, but also because a long part of it will take you through Namibia’s northeastern corridor and the Bwabwata National Park.
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Namibia:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Namibia is the cheapest in May when renting a car is about 24% cheaper than the yearly average and about 50% cheaper than renting a car in August, the year’s most expensive month.
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Namibia?
What’s the average rental length in Namibia?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Namibia?
Our Customers Reviews
Top 4 Suppliers for Namibia in 2019
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 9 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email