Car Rental Oujda
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in Oujda?
Oujda is a great place to experience by car. Having your own wheels will not only let you see the city itself, but also to travel to the nearby Mediterranean Coast, as well as different cities and nature areas in the near vicinity.
Top ways to enter Oujda
- Oujda Airport: Just north of the city center and also known as Angads Airport, this small and cozy airport is especially active during the summer months.
- Nador Airport: A bit more than an hour’s drive from Oujda, Nador Airport serves flights to and from many different countries like Spain, France, Netherlands, Germany, and others.
- By rail: If you’re arriving in Oujda by train, you can conveniently pick up your rental car at Oujda Railway Station.
Useful city facts
- Oujda is one of the hottest cities in Morocco. Located not far from the Mediterranean Coast, it has a semi-arid climate. The summers are very dry and hot, with temperatures often exceeding 30 °C (86 °F). Winters are much more humid, but the temperatures rarely drop below 10 °C (50 °F).
- Oujda is one of the centers of Gharnati music. Originating in Spain’s Andalusia when it was ruled by Muslims, it is now very popular in Morocco and neighboring Algeria. You can often hear in Oujda’s streets and in many festivals that are held in the city.
Top destinations and activities
- Medina and the souks. Although perhaps not as large and busy as souks or markets in some other large cities of Morocco, Oujda’s medina is nonetheless the best place to learn about the city’s character, make new friends, and appreciate the skill of local craftsmen.
- Park Lalla Aicha. Just south of medina is Park Lalla Aicha, a beautiful green area that’s very popular with the locals. Park your rental car right outside it and go on a long relaxing walk, have a picnic, or enjoy a cup of real Moroccan coffee.
- Oujda Mosque. Very important for local believers, this religious building is famous for its large blue carpet and is as impressive from outside as it is from outside. The center of the mosque is reserved for Muslims on their prayers, but everyone is allowed to calmly observe and appreciate the beauty of the place.
Traffic and parking tips
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits are 120 km/h on motorways (autoroutes), 100 km/h on roads outside urban cities that are not motorways, and 60 km/h within populated areas.
- Even inside some big cities, and in the most smaller towns and villages, there are no special lanes for cyclists or sometimes even pavements for pedestrians. In those cases, you’ll be sharing a road with them, so be extra careful.
- Road signs are written in both Arabic and French. If you don’t know either of these languages, it’s good to learn at least the main terms in one of them before renting a car.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.00% for both experienced and novice drivers. Drunk driving can lead to large fines and even jail time or deportation.
- The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The nation-wide emergency police number is 19 and the nation-wide ambulance and fire safety department number is 15.
A toll needs to be paid for using most of Morocco’s motorways or autoroutes. All of the toll roads in Morocco are administered by the state-owned company Autoroutes du Maroc (ADM).
Morocco uses a “closed system” for its toll roads, meaning that there is a toll booth both at the entrance and the exit of the toll road. You pay either by cash or by credit card (although some toll points might only accept cash so it’s good to have some available at all times). Make sure to keep any proof that you have paid for the toll road as police checks are frequent and fines can be hefty. The prices for using the toll roads are generally quite low.
Most of the toll roads connect the largest cities of the country. Oftentimes you can opt to use regional roads instead - while traveling along those will be much slower, the views are usually much more scenic.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Saïdia. Offering one of the longest beaches in Morocco, Saïdia’s golden sands have long attracted visitors from all over. Full of coastal restaurants and opportunities for water sports, it is only an hour’s drive from Oujda. Saïdia' is surrounded by a eucalyptus forest, and in the nearby forests and wetlands you’ll also find a bird preserve. If you’re visiting in August, make sure to visit the local folk music festival.
- Nador. Another destination of world-class beaches and long promenades, Nador is an exciting place to visit. Once you’ve properly enjoyed the Mediterranean Sea, take a walk through the city center where Iberian architectural influence can be observed in beautiful Catholic churches.
- Taza. This small town, lying in the corridor between the Rif Mountains and the Atlas Mountains and next to the Tazekka National Park, is famous for its impressive Medina Walls that offer picturesque views of the surrounding valleys. Just south of Taza you’ll find Friouato Grotte, a large cave and tunnel system.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car types in Morocco are Economy, Mini, and Intermediate. Most of Morocco’s national motorways are in great shape, but if you plan to drive in the mountains, it might be a good idea to rent a 4x4 vehicle. The most popular rental cars in Morocco are the Hyundai i10, the Dacia Logan, and the Renault Clio.
- Tetouan and Tangier. Drive along the Mediterranean Coast and you’ll reach Tetouan, a beautiful and traditional Moroccan city with extraordinary Medina. Just a bit further lies Tangier, perhaps the most international and free-thinking city of Morocco.
- Fez: One of the great cities of the Arab World, Fez is both an old time legend and a busy metropolis. Visit its many souks or markets where leather tanners still practice techniques that have been used for centuries.
- Atlas Mountains. Impressive yet accessible, the Atlas Mountains have something for every traveler, whether you’d like to visit small Berber villages on the mountainous foothills or to try to conquer the highest peaks.
How can I save money on my rental car?
There are some simple tricks to get a better car rental deal in Oujda:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Oujda is the cheapest in January when renting a car is about 60% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 9 Cities near Oujda
Casablanca Car Rentals from $16.90 per day545.1 km / 338.7 miles away
Marrakech Car Rentals from $16.90 per day669.5 km / 416.0 miles away
Tangier Car Rentals from $22.28 per day377.3 km / 234.4 miles away
Agadir Car Rentals from $19.32 per day859.1 km / 533.8 miles away
Fez Car Rentals from $26.57 per day296.2 km / 184.0 miles away
Nador Car Rentals from $33.42 per day103.2 km / 64.1 miles away
Rabat Car Rentals from $16.90 per day460.8 km / 286.3 miles away
Ouarzazate Car Rentals from $30.19 per day632.2 km / 392.8 miles away
Essaouira Car Rentals from $30.19 per day814.7 km / 506.2 miles away
Top 14 Locations near Oujda
Oujda Airport Car Rentals from $33.43 per day12.0 km / 7.4 miles away
Nador Airport Car Rentals from $33.42 per day106.4 km / 66.1 miles away
Fes Airport Car Rentals from $26.57 per day292.6 km / 181.8 miles away
Tangier, Tanger Airport Car Rentals from $22.28 per day380.9 km / 236.7 miles away
Rabat Airport Car Rentals from $16.90 per day448.5 km / 278.7 miles away
Rabat, Agdal Railway Station Car Rentals from $16.90 per day458.9 km / 285.1 miles away
Casablanca, Casa-Voyageurs Railway Station Car Rentals from $51.62 per day535.4 km / 332.7 miles away
Casablanca, Casa-Port Railway Station Car Rentals from $16.90 per day537.0 km / 333.7 miles away
Casablanca Airport Car Rentals from $16.90 per day542.0 km / 336.8 miles away
Ouarzazate Airport Car Rentals from $30.19 per day624.3 km / 387.9 miles away
Marrakech Airport Car Rentals from $16.90 per day663.5 km / 412.3 miles away
Essaouira Airport Car Rentals from $30.19 per day809.6 km / 503.1 miles away
Agadir Airport Car Rentals from $19.32 per day852.6 km / 529.8 miles away
Dakhla Airport Car Rentals from $23.40 per day1822.3 km / 1132.3 miles away
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Oujda?
What’s the usual rental length in Oujda?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Oujda?
Top 11 Suppliers for Oujda in 2019
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 9 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email