Car rental Mexico
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in Mexico?
Mexico is a great country for renting a car. With stunning nature, great cultural variety, and access to two oceans, it is a great place to explore at your own pace. Having a rental car with lot you make your own discoveries as you’ll come across its hidden gems.
Top ways to enter Mexico
- Mexico City Airport: Mexico’s main airport hosts flights to and from many locations in North America, as well as in South America, Europe, and Asia.
- Cancún Airport: Cancún is Mexico’s number one beach resort and the largest city in the country’s southeast.
- Guadalajara Airport: Located in Mexico’s second city, Guadalajara Airport is also near the states of Jalisco, Nayarit, Zacatecas, and Aguascalientes.
- By land: If your rental car provider permits it, it might also be possible to rent a car in a neighboring country and then drive to Mexico. Large cities with international airports near Mexico include San Diego in California, USA, Phoenix in Arizona, USA, and Guatemala City in Guatemala.
Top cities and places to visit
- Cancún: The fanciest place is Mexico, Cancún has everything from wild beach parties to serene sea islands.
- Yucatán: Relics of Mayan culture can still be found in the lush jungle of this peninsula.
- Mexico City: Mexico’s capital and the surrounding area is a center of arts and entertainment, but if you look carefully, traces of ancient civilizations can also be found.
- Northern Mexico: The north is the least visited part of Mexico, but it won’t disappoint you with its vast, otherworldly desert landscapes and stunning mountains.
- Pacific Coast: Stretching from Baja California to Acapulco and further south, Mexico’s Pacific Coast rivals its Caribbean counterpart in everything from beach resorts to nature and landscape.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Mexico is the Kia Rio. Many travelers also choose the Hyundai Grand i10 and the VW Golf.
Crossing the border
Mexico is bordered by the United States of America, Guatemala, and Belize. Each of Mexico’s neighboring countries have their own visa policy. Depending on your citizenship, you may or may not need a visa to enter them. We advise getting in touch with your Ministry of Foreign Affairs to find out about the visa requirements in each country that you’d like to visit.
Many car rental providers in Mexico do not permit crossing the national border. Make sure you look up this policy on your rental terms and agreements. Learn more about cross-border rentals in our FAQ section.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular type of rental car in Mexico is an economy, followed by intermediate and compact.
Top driving routes
- Cancún - Merida (303 km / 188 mi) The route between these two cities in Southeast Mexico gives many opportunities to explore the traditional life and jungle in the state of Yucatán.
- Mexico City - Acapulco (380 km / 236 mi) The route between the nation’s capital and the Pacific resort city can be done in under five hours.
- Guadalajara - Puerto Vallarta (334 km / 207 mi) Puerto Vallarta, another popular beach destination, can be easily reached from Mexico’s second city.
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Mexico:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car as soon in advance as you can
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Mexico is the cheapest in June when renting a car is about 36% cheaper than the yearly average.
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Mexico?
What’s the average rental length in Mexico?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Mexico?
Top 20 Most Popular Cities in Mexico
Top 20 Most Popular Locations in Mexico
Top 7 Best Mexico Suppliers in 2019
The benefits of signing up
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding car rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 8.9 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email — in 12 languages