Car rental Malta
The benefits of signing up
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in Malta?
Malta is a great place for renting a car. The distances are small, but each city has its unique character and atmosphere. Having your own ride gives you the opportunity to also visit smaller villages and more private beaches all around the island. It’s also possible to take your rental car on a ferry from the main island of Malta to the smaller Gozo and Comino islands.
Top ways to enter Malta
- Malta Airport: Malta Luqa Airport is served by many airlines, including a number of low-cost carriers, that connect it to mainland Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East.
- By sea: If your car provider permits it, you can take your rental on a ferry. It only takes about 90 minutes to reach Malta from Sicily by boat. You can also conveniently pick up your rental car after you’ve already arrived in Malta.
Top cities and places to visit
- Valletta: Malta’s capital might not have a lot of people living in it, but next to its cozy atmosphere it is also famous for stunning history, architecture, and many religious buildings.
- Gozo Island: The smallest of the two islands making up Malta, Gozo also mixes wonderful sea coast with interesting history.
- Cottonera: Made up of three different historic towns, Cottonera is known for its fort, churches, and Maritime Museum.
- Marsaxlokk: The main attraction of this cozy village is the weekly fish market that is still in place every Sunday.
- Rabat: Home to St. Paul’s catacombs and other historic landmarks, Rabat has a timeless feel.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Malta is the Fiat Panda, but the Peugeot 108 and the Ford Fiesta are also popular.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in Malta is a Mini, followed by Economy and Compact.
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Malta:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Malta is the cheapest in February when renting a car is about 50% cheaper than the yearly average and about 80% cheaper than renting a car in July.
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Malta?
What’s the average rental length in Malta?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Malta?
Top 8 Most Popular Locations in Malta
Top 10 Best Malta Suppliers in 2019
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding car rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 8.9 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email — in 12 languages