Car Rental Israel
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in Israel?
Israel is a great country to explore by car. From fun cities Haifa and Tel Aviv on the coast to timeless Jerusalem in the center and the Dead Sea and Negev Desert in the south east, its surprising diversity is best explored if you have your own ride.
Top ways to enter Israel
- Tel Aviv Ben Gurion Airport: Israel’s main airport has flights to and from nearly all regions of the world.
- Tel Aviv Sde Dov Airport: Only served by a few airlines, Tel Aviv’s other airport is connected to some domestic destinations as well as Cyprus.
- Ovda Airport: About 60 km (37 mi) from Eilat, this airport is active seasonally.
Top cities and places to visit
- Jerusalem: Holy to three of the world’s largest religions, Jerusalem is a place where there is history and meaning on every step.
- Tel Aviv: Busy and modern, Tel Aviv is a true center of business, culture, and nightlife.
- Haifa: Similar to nearby Tel Aviv, but more easy-going, Haifa is a Mediterranean destination that can be enjoyed at a slower pace.
- Eilat: The only Israel’s city on the Red Sea, Eilat is also a place from where you can go on a Negev desert tour.
- Galilee: Mountainous and picturesque, Galilee Region is home to cities of historic importance like Nazareth and Tiberias, as well as beautiful nature areas.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Israel is the Citroen Jumpy, but travelers also like the Hyundai i20 and the Kia Sportage.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular car type in Israel is a fullsize, but luxury and compact are also popular.
Top driving routes
- Jerusalem - Tel Aviv (69 km / 43 mi) Although Israel’s two largest cities can sometimes feel worlds apart in terms of atmosphere, you can drive between in just slightly over one hour, and the distance will be even shorter if your starting or ending point will be Tel Aviv Airport.
- Tel Aviv - Haifa (93 km / 58 mi) The route between these two cities can be done in just an hour and a half, and most of the road will take you along the Mediterranean coast, so you’ll find many opportunities for interesting detours.
- Tel Aviv - Eilat (351 km / 218 km) Eilat is quite isolated from the rest of the inhabited Israel and temperatures can get very high, so you should be well prepared if you decide to do this route. Nevertheless, driving through the desert with its otherworldly landscape means the positives will still outweigh the negatives.
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Israel:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Israel is the cheapest in October when renting a car is about 25% cheaper than the yearly average and about 40% cheaper than renting a car in Israel in November.
Top 6 Most Popular Locations in Israel
Car Rental at Tel Aviv Airport from $36.93 per day
Car Rental at Tel Aviv, Downtown from $33.50 per day
Car Rental at Jerusalem, Downtown from $33.50 per day
Car Rental at Eilat, Downtown from $33.50 per day
Car Rental at Haifa, Downtown from $33.50 per day
Car Rental at Eilat Ramon Airport from $36.93 per day
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Israel?
What’s the average rental length in Israel?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Israel?
Our Customers Reviews
Top 5 Suppliers for Israel in 2019
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 9 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email