Car rental France
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in France?
France is a great country to explore by car. From its capital, Paris, to other historic cities, the Atlantic coast in the west, Mediterranean in the south, and the Alps in the east, you could explore it for weeks or even months without growing bored.
Top ways to enter France
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport: Largest in France and one of the busiest airports in Europe.
- Nice Airport: Best way to reach southern France’s Cote d’Azur.
- Bordeaux Airport: Serves not only the city of Bordeaux, but also much of the coastal Southwest France.
- Marseille Airport: Serves France’s second city in the country’s south.
- By land: If your rental car provider permits it, you can pick up a rental car in a neighboring country and then drive to France. Some large airports near France include Barcelona Airport in Spain, Brussels Airport in Belgium, and Geneva Airport in Switzerland.
Top cities and places to visit
- Paris: The Eiffel Tower, Champs-Élysées, and the Notre Dame Cathedral are just some of the world-famous landmarks and sites of Paris.
- Cote d’Azur: Relaxed and picturesque, this coastal stretch along the Mediterranean is the perfect place to enjoy life.
- The Alps: France’s high mountains offer stunning landscapes and opportunities for winter sports while valley towns like Chambery are among the most picturesque you’ll find anywhere in Europe.
- Southwest France: From wine-making Bordeaux to surfing paradise in Biarritz and the foothills of Pyrenees, this part of France is just as captivating as some of the more famous destinations.
- Brittany: Home to a proud local culture and beautiful Atlantic beaches, Brittany is one of the calmest and coziest places in all of the land.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in France is the Renault Twingo, but travelers also love the Volkswagen Polo and the Ford Fiesta.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in France is an economy, followed by compact and mini.
Top driving routes
- Paris - Brussels (325 km / 202 mi) Brussels, the capital of the European Union (EU), can be reached in less than four hours, and other Belgian cities like Antwerp and Ghent are just a little bit further. Note that you’ll have to cross a national border, so check with your car rental provider first to make sure they allow it.
- Nice - Milan (317 km / 197 mi) The Italian metropolis is at the foothills of the Alps, but you can reach it from the Mediterranean Coast in only four hours. It’s also possible to visit Monaco on the way. Note that to visit Milan from Nice (or vice versa) you’ll have to cross a national border, so check with your car rental provider first to make sure they allow it.
- Marseille - Barcelona (507 km / 315 mi) Second cities of France and Spain are just five hours apart, though you may want to explore the nature reserves and the Costa Brava beaches on the way. Note that you’ll have to cross a national border, so check with your car rental provider first to make sure they allow it.
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in France:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting France is the cheapest in March when renting a car is about 20% cheaper than the yearly average and about 38% cheaper than renting a car in December.
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in France?
What’s the average rental length in France?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in France?
Top 20 Most Popular Cities in France
Top 20 Most Popular Locations in France
Top 10 Best France Suppliers in 2019
The benefits of signing up
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding car rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 8.9 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email — in 12 languages