Frequently Asked Questions

What type of driver license do I need?

This depends on the car provider’s requirements. After searching for your rental location and dates, you can check the provider’s rental conditions under the picture of each car offered.

As a general rule, you’ll need a valid driver license that’s accepted in the country where you’re renting the car. The text of the license needs to be written either in Latin letters or in the official language of the rental country—for example, a driver license in Cyrillic will be accepted in Russia. If you’re travelling outside your own country, then in many cases, especially outside the European Union, an International Driving Permit (IDP) might be required.

The driver license needs to have been valid for at least one year before the start of the rental period. For some types of cars, more driving experience might be required.

You need to carry your original driver license with you during the entire rental period. Neither a printed copy nor a mobile scan of the license will be accepted.

Was this article helpful?
Glad to hear it!
Got it, thanks! We’ll use your feedback to improve our help articles.
Have more questions? Submit a request
We use cookies in order to provide you the best and most relevant experience and optimize our website functionality. By using our website, you agree to our use of cookies. Read more